Modality chosen is: Like stars on earth (2007) by Aamir Khan
Caring Analysis Assignment
Students will choose one humanities modality to view or read to complete this analysis of caring assignment. This assignment requires students to identify the themes of caring and nonviolence present in the book or film. The student will connect these themes from the modality to class content and discussions.
The objectives for this assignment include:
- Discuss the relationships between practicing nonviolence, caring and ethical behavior.
- Describe the meaning of human responses associated with human caring, using analytical and interpretive skills, as well as reflection.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to acquire a deeper understanding of the human condition.
- Appreciate the complexity of the human response in celebrating achievements or coping with life challenges.
- Review the list of humanities modalities and choose one to view or read. This book or film (modality) will provide the basis of this assignment.
- Consider examples of caring and/or examples of uncaring from the modality.
- Reflect on the class discussions and the ideas of the scholars discussed in relation to the story in the book or film.
- Reflect on the concept of nonviolence and ways in which this concept relates to the story in the book or film.
- The resulting connections and reflection should be compiled as a narrative writing. Be sure to use the reflection guidelines posted in Blackboard.
Refer to the Caring Analysis Assignment Grading Rubric for grading guidelines. Total point value: 25 points; the First Draft has a possible total point value of 3 points, peer review has a possible total point value of 2 points, and the Final Revised Analysis has a possible total point value of 20 points. Refer to the syllabus for course Evaluation Methods.
After submission of the First Drafts, we will complete a peer review process. The First Drafts will be returned with the peer review comments and suggestions, as well as faculty feedback. Students will then revise their writing for resubmission as a final Caring Analysis.
- Using the link provided in Blackboard, go to the Google Doc to sign-up for your choice of humanities modality. Please note: There is a limit of three students per modality, so consider a second or third choice while reviewing the list.
- Concise introductory summary of the book or film(1/2 page maximum)
- Address the assignment prompts (see below)
- Incorporate links or connections with our class content and discussions and the ideas of one or more of the scholars/themes
- Provide specific examples from the book or film, including direct quotes, with corresponding citations
- Minimum of 1200 words/4 pages
- Include a title page. The title page is separate from the rest of the document and does not contribute to the final page count.
- Times Roman Font – 12
- Double space, 1-inch margins
- Caring Analysis Assignment Prompts
- Describe three main examples of caring or/and uncaring from the modality.
- Connect your examples to one or more of the scholars/themes
- Connect one or more of your examples to the concept of nonviolence.
- Reflect on the meaning of this assignment:
- In thinking about this assignment, what did you learn about yourself?
- In thinking about this assignment, what did you learn about the human spirit and about human strengths and frailties?
- What are some ways that caring behavior is facilitated? What are some obstacles to caring?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."