Please answer the following questions. This is worth up to 2 points. I do not automatically give you full credit simply for getting to the word count listed – content matters, as well as following instructions and answering the questions fully.
- Word count: 350 minimum total for assignment, there should be some balance in length between responses e.g. one response should not be 50 words and the other 300 words.
- Use examples to explain your points and to support them. From textbook and from article provided.
- I do grade these normally, so you do not automatically get full credit simply for reaching the word minimum.
- Answers show knowledge and proper use of examples (shows you know how to properly apply an example to the point your are making).
- Outside research ok but you must use the textbook and article in addition to any outside resources which then must be cited properly. https://www.easybib.com/mla8/source (Links to an external site.)
- both questions require you to read the chapter earlier than Saturday for the quiz
- I do NOT downgrade based on your opinions, but I do downgrade if you don’t follow instructions and especially if you don’t back up your assertions with research. Well-supported arguments, that’s what I’m after. And yes, having an opinion matters in my view, it shows what you value 🙂
- Please engage fully with the questions provided. You are to answer the questions I have posed, not your own interpretation of them. Not responding fully to the questions asked will likely result in a point deduction. Thank you!
(Chapter 10)Textbook link: https://openstax.org/books/american-government-2e/…
Question 1 (use the textbook, provide at least one textbook quote for each part, make sure to explain the quote in your own words after inserting). How do interest groups try to influence government and engage in the political system? (see 10.1) Do you think in addition to voting and/or protesting, is joining an interest group an effective way to politically participate in the US? Why or Why not? (see 10.3)
Question 2: Interest group scavenger hunt. Go to one of the two websites and answer the following questions:
Sierra Club: www.sierraclub.org (Links to an external site.)
National Rifle Association: www.nra.org (Links to an external site.)
1. What are the mission/goals of the organization you chose?
2. What is the membership fee annually?
3. What material incentives do you get for joining, e.g. “free” stuff, magazines, etc.
4. The money from memberships partly goes to pay for lobbyists in DC to try to influence bills in Congress and other governmental actors. What are examples of bills, policies they are fighting for/against currently or in the past?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."