In this discussion, were going to take a look at issues associated with reporting known or suspected cases of elder abuse and the abuse of persons with disabilities.
Helpful web sites:
- RAINN (Under Search type in State Law Database then choose your state. Click on Mandatory Reporting: The Elderly)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
Choose a state that you are interested in and respond to all of the following questions and at least 2 of your classmates posts.
Name of state:
- Who are the mandated reporters?
- Who is exempt from reporting (if applicable)?
- What is the definition of an adult?
- What are the penalties for failing to report?
- What information is needed for the report?
- Is there anything particularly helpful and/or harmful about the manner in which your state deals with reporting elder abuse and/or abuse against a person with disabilities?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."