Have you heard of the so called “5-second rule” for when food falls to the floor? (NOT true by the way). Have you seen the signs in restrooms indicating that all employees must wash their hands before returning to work?
Bacteria are everywhere and the concept of cleanliness should apply to anyone who encounters foreign materials, fecal matter or urine, or any potentially contaminated materials.
(1) For your initial post, discuss which two rooms in your home or workplace that you believe are the most contaminated. Explain why you chose these two rooms and list at least two bacteria (Genus species) that are the common types found in those rooms.
For your reply post, respond to at least one of your peers about different methods that can be used to decontaminate these rooms to reduce or eliminate microorganisms. (2) Many of us have been impacted by outbreaks of disease in our lifetimes. Throughout history, humans have battled outbreaks of disease; many have lost their lives to diseases before treatments and cures were discovered. Modern science and medicine have become efficient in developing vaccines and medications to control and treat outbreaks, but whether the diseases will ever truly be eradicated is in question. Considering how many of these infectious diseases exist and how easily they spread, it is important to remember safety issues to reduce and prevent transmission.
For your initial post, reflect over the past decade and recall a news-breaking infectious outbreak of a disease that made an impact on you. Please include a link to a news article or video related to your outbreak in your initial post. Include the following in your post:
- Disease name
- Infectious agent (is the disease bacterial, viral, or fungal? List the specific organism (genus species)
- Mode of transmission
- Signs and symptoms of the disease
- Treatment (or treatments) available
- Try not to duplicate another classmates topic (make your subject line is your disease so it is easy to check)
- Explain how that story changed the way you interacted with people, family, or friends.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."