- Read the introductory chapter of Ancheta’s Race Rights and Asian Americans and we will discuss in class some of the major ideas and issues raised in the reading. (Read pp1-15)Questions for reflection:
- What did Sonny in the “Do the right thing” identify himself as Black and what is the significance of such identification in the context of racism in America?
- How did the mob see Sonny and why?
- Until recently, the discussion on race in America was confined to Black and White dichotomy. Why is this dichotomy or binary limited?
- What is problematic about the notion of model minority?
- Identify the various forms and experiences of racial subordination in the Asian American Community.
- a concept, or an idea, or an insight from the reading and media resources that speak to you about the issues and topics for the week
- define the concept, or explain the idea, or describe the insight and how it help you understand the racial discussion, or Asian American experiences of discrimination and subordination, for instance, or how do you begin to critique the myth of model minority, or the common experiences of racism and economic injustice in Black community, as well as Asian Americans and other communities of color
- discuss how concept, or the idea or the insight resonates or relates your to own personal and community experiences
- make it personal and allow your own sense of authenticity, passion, experience, and voice come out in your reflection
- the primary purpose of the reflection paper is to develop your voice – to be articulate, critical, and comprehensive
***Your reflection should be based on the following:NB: Reflection papers must be at least 2 pages and not more than 3 pages. It should double spaced, font (11 or 12) and uploaded on iLearn in WORD DOCUMENT.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."