Select a family system working with barriers and challenges, such as those related to differences in sexual orientation
I need help with a rough draft
- Select a family system working with barriers and challenges, such as those related to differences in sexual orientation, a differences in race or ethnicity, substance abuse, food insecurity, or managing a disability.
- Think about how a social worker might address one of these barriers on an individual, family, organizational, group, or community level.
- Next, visit the Walden Library to find information on barriers and social work roles for engaging with the family system. Support this post using information that you find, in addition to the assigned resources.
- Walden Library recommends the following:
- Navigate to the Social Work Research Guide. From the Librarys homepage, click on the blue button Research by Subject, then choose Social Work.
- Use the gold-lined search box at the top of the pages to search thousands of social work journals. This is a great place to start your research.
- Look at the resultsespecially the title and subjectsto see related concepts and keywords to add to your search.
- Use OR between related terms, which means you will take either term. For example:
- Domestic violence OR intimate partner violence
- Add a second concept in Box #2 to focus your search. It helps to keep concepts separate, especially when multiple boxes are provided. For example:
- Box #1: Domestic violence OR intimate partner violence
- Box #2: Veterans
- Refine your results based on what you find. Dont be afraid to try other keywords or combinations of words.
- Apply limits now. Scroll down in the left column to limit by date (last 5 years) and limit the results to peer-reviewed scholarly journals only.
- To retrieve the full text of the article, click on the PDF or click on the Find@Walden button. Then, follow the prompts.
- Other examples of searches:
- Drug addiction OR drug abuse OR substance abuse
- Senior citizen OR older people OR elderly OR aging
- Suicide prevention OR suicide intervention
- Adolescent OR youth OR teen AND anxiety
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."