Telehealth And Evidence-Based Practice
- Purpose of Assignment
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008), “Use telecommunication technologies to assist in effective
communication in a variety of healthcare settings…”
American Association of College of Nursing. (2008). The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. Retrieved from: https://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
- Course Competency
Analyze how evidence-based practice influences healthcare technology.
You are a nursing case manager working in a 100-bed community hospital in a rural setting. Many clients are elderly with chronic health conditions and have several factors that impair their timeliness of follow-up appointments for chronic care management. Since they are remote, the hospital struggles to meet the needs of this community health population. Therefore, the hospital experiences a delay in client care and chronic care management due to a lack of provider access. Many clients also report having to align transportation needs for their nurse appointments which further limits their availability. Recently, client complaints have increased with regard to the lack of reliable, prompt service for chronic client care consults and lingering concerns for their overall health.
A Clinical Standards and Innovations Committee has been created to look at leveraging technology to expand care for remote, community health populations. The Chief Nursing Officer has assigned you to this committee to examine strategies for best practices related to the use of telehealth to support rural settings and expand care to all community populations. As the lead RN on the committee, you have been tasked with leading the telehealth initiative and have one month to research, analyze, and propose the best evidence-based strategy to implement telehealth services through telecommunications-ready tools. You will present your findings to the Chief Nursing Office and CEO of the facility in a succinct one-page summary leveraging your committee’s recommendation. They have asked for the summary to include the following components:
- Discuss the defining characteristics of telehealth
- Include your own definition of telehealth
- How does telehealth impact the nursing role
- Examine how telehealth is currently integrated into healthcare
- Describe the evidence-based practice that supports the use of telehealth in rural and community healthcare settings.
- Provide a detailed description of your recommended evidence-based strategy to implement telehealth
- Provide rationale supporting your strategy
- Summary to include current evidence from the literature.
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit the document to Grammarly to correct errors before submission
- For additional writing assistance, please visit the Rasmussen College Writing Guide page.
- For additional assistance, please visit the Rasmussen Communication Guide page.
- For additional APA assistance, please visit the Rasmussen APA Guide page.
- For additional research assistance, please visit the How can I make a Research Appointment with a Rasmussen College Librarian? Page.
- For additional assistance, please visit Ethical Model for Decision Making.
- For additional evidence-based research assistance, please visit the following links:
- What is EBP?
- How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
- EBP vs. Research vs EBP Articles:
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."