Individual plan strategies
Strategic planning is a process where organizations and individuals outline plans and allocate necessary resources and time to ensure that the desired outcome is met. When individuals and organizations formulate such strategies, they are expected to remain committed to them until the result, such as set objectives are realized. Therefore identifying capabilities and formulating strategic actions will enable me to achieve both long and short term goals.
Mission and vision
Becoming the managing director in the department of information and technology is a target which I look forward to achieving in the next five years. In this position, I would lead by example, such as motivating workers, enabling toe organization to achieve its set goals, and build positive relations between the organization and other clients as well as firms. My mission statement is, therefore, to effectively serve all stakeholders of the organization.
To achieve this goal, several steps in the planning process will be in place, such as goal establishment. Setting goals will enable me to remain focused and keep the direction of attaining them. Similarly, goals enable easier allocation of time and resources. The second step will involve the identification of necessary resources. These are people, time, and other financial requirements that I should invest in my career to ensure that I achieve the goal (Johnsen, 2015, p. 243).
Necessary resources include other workers and the management team. These groups of individuals will not only support my ambitions but also equip me with the essential skills in managing aspired tasks. Financial resources are necessary in enrollment into leadership classes attending managerial seminars. Additional training is required for the development of essential skills such as staffing, controlling, communication, and coordination.
Implementing the scheme is another step that put set measures into practice — for example, creating a good relationship between colleagues through socialization to understand the value of teamwork. I will also begin to attend managerial coaching, classes, and tutorial in two weeks. The process will last for about eight months. This will ensure that I receive practical leadership skills, after which I will evaluate to check whether or not I have gained the required skills.
This is a continuous process that will ensure that I remain focused and aligned with my vision and mission. Assessment is an equally challenging task and; therefore, I will perform this task by considering responses from colleagues and other leaders in the organization. For instance, to evaluate my social skills, I will have to focus on how colleagues interact with me, how they handle issues in my presence, and how effectively we communicate, especially when discussing organizational matters (Heracleous, 2016, p. 38).
Changes and advancement s in technology will challenge me to improve my skills and knowledge about computer literacy to ensure that my services remain viable in the organization. This will increase my competitive ability and therefore creating more opportunities for my career development. This is so because of the leadership. This is so because the leadership position demands qualification and competence for directing, staffing, and controlling responsibilities. Therefore, in the next five years, I look forward to attaining my mission of becoming the best leader in the organization by following several steps that will see that my skills and abilities are enhanced adequately to take up additional roles. For example, improving personal relations and communication abilities will enable me to interact easily with every stakeholder in the organization. Attaining this goal will allow me to formulate and implement organizational strategies that will increase its performance and its competitive ability worldwide.
Heracleous, L. (2016). Strategic thinking or strategic planning? Strategy and Organization, 38-52. doi:10.1017/cbo9780511615313.004
Johnsen, Å. (2015). Strategic Management Thinking and Practice in the Public Sector: A Strategic Planning for All Seasons? Financial Accountability & Management, 31(3), 243-268. doi:10.1111/faam.12056
We’ll write everything from scratch
- Develop a strategic action plan for yourself.Introduction
The final step in developing your strategic plan is to translate your strategy into action. A robust action plan contains four elements:
- Identification of specific actions to be undertaken in the next year or less.
- Establishment of a clear time frame for the completion of each action.
- Creation of accountability by identifying who is responsible for each action.
- Determination of one or more specific, immediate objectives that the action should achieve.
- Functional tactics and monetary ramifications are the underlying details of your strategic action plan. Functional tactics are short-term, narrow-scoped plans that detail the activities you will use to achieve your short-term objectives. The monetary ramifications of your strategic plan will likely be expressed in both income and expenses, for example, the amount of increased income anticipated by climbing the corporate ladder and the amount of money you may need to spend on education or professional development.
Note: Developing a strategic plan requires specific steps that need to be executed in a sequence. The assessments in this course are presented in order and should be completed in sequence.
In the previous assessments, you have developed your mission statement, conducted a personal SWOT analysis and environmental scan, and laid out your long-term and short-term objectives. Now, you will create a strategic plan to achieve your objectives.
Your completed Strategic Action Plan will be based on the information from your mission statement, your SWOT analysis, environmental scan, and your long-term and short-term plans; however, you do not need to include these items in this assessment.
Develop a strategic action plan in which you address the following:
- Specific steps you will need to take in the next year to achieve your 5-year objectives.
- A time frame for completing each action.
- The scorecard you will use to measure the success of each action.
- The functional tactics you will use to achieve your short-term objectives.
- The resources (financial, human, and other) you will use to complete each action.
- An analysis of the monetary ramifications of each action.
- A plan for monitoring the progress of the action plan.
- A plan for handling obstacles or roadblocks.
- An explanation of how your overall strategic plan reflects your mission statement.
- To successfully complete this assessment, you may need to do some research on strategic action plans. Format this assessment as a research paper following current APA guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics. There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Create organizational value.
- Explain how a strategic plan reflects a mission statement.
- Competency 2: Participate collaboratively and respectfully.
- Describe the resources needed to complete the steps of a strategic plan.
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively.
- Explain how to measure the success of the steps needed to achieve long-term objectives.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Competency 4: Plan strategically.
- Describe functional tactics used to achieve short-term objectives.
- Describe a plan for monitoring the progress of a strategic plan.
- Explain strategies for addressing roadblocks and obstacles to a strategic plan.
- Competency 5: Employ high-performance business management techniques.
- Describe the steps and associated time frames needed to achieve long-term objectives.
- Competency 7: Use appropriate financial models and principles.
- Explain the financial ramifications associated with a strategic plan.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."