SWOT analysis is a tool utilized by individuals and companies to assess their strength, weaknesses, threats and opportunities to facilitate easier panning and making decisions. This paper will thus discuss my SWOT analysis. One area of my strengths is computer skills ad literacy. Ability to solve business problems using information systems is one area which I am proud of. Currently, in the business where I work, I am rated as one of the best in the information technology department. This is due to the ability to provide solutions to the most challenging situations in the department of information and technology in the company. For instance, in protecting organizational data from hackers and similar threats (Issayev, Masalimova, & Magzumova, 2018, p. 1143).
Insufficient professional experience and exposure in several working environments are one of the significant challenges. This is from the fact that most employers are interested in checking not only the level of qualification but experience and competence as well. This can be a limiting factor when attempting to seek employment in a different organization. Also, the lack of sufficient exposure can limit me from securing a higher job position in the organization.
Additionally, challenges to express and articulate ideas in public limits the ability to share business information in a broader audience. This can become a significant challenge, especially when the organization demands public presentations. Therefore, it is hard to convince strangers to accept my business idea with public speaking difficulties.
The most significant opportunities are the personal relationships which I have established with various people from the time I was in school up to now. For example, one of my close friends who work in a different organization provides advice concerning business startups and mitigation of challenges facing such businesses. A recent case is where she enabled me to solve business challenges in managing transactions. Therefore, I can always utilize her knowledge to create several opportunities in the organization as well as in my career life.
Similarly, I can utilize the environment, which I have created in the organization where solving information and technology challenges is enabled, to my advantage, for example, when it is necessary to bargain for better payment schemes with the organization. Also, I can use my experience and duties in my current job position to secure employment opportunities in different organizations, for example, by referring to my current employer. This way, I always ensure to strive and deliver the best services in solving challenges facing the business information and technology platform. This will ensure that I receive a positive recommendation or review.
These are obstacles which individuals face in their daily encounters. Such barriers can distract an individual from his or her goal. Equally, I meet several obstacles form the place of work, for example, challenges in managing significantly large projects. This was experienced recently when I was tasked to plan for the launching of new products. The task was executed successfully, but the supervisor pointed out some areas that I failed to consider when creating the plan.
Additionally, I receive significant threats from other colleagues in the working environment because they are equally aggressive. This creates pressure due to stiff competitions.
Similarly, the areas of my specialization are continually changing with technology, innovations and advancements. This is a threat because failing to cope up may quickly render my skills obsolete and unnecessary. However, frequent training and attending seminars have enabled me to increase my skills and knowledge, which has always enhanced my competitive ability (Rangkuti, 2015).
Issayev, T., Masalimova, A., & Magzumova, R. (2018). [SWOT-ANALYSIS OF PROFESSIONAL-PERSONAL COMPETENCE OF ECONOMISTS IN MEDICAL
ORGANIZATIONS]. – Abstract. Retrieved from https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/29697398
Rangkuti, F. (2015). Personal SWOT Analysis. Retrieved from https://books.google.co.ke/books? hl=en&lr=&id=TRhIDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=personal+SWOT+analysis&o ts=vj5HxDe-my&sig=FG- Pz1U0rqbB5RtsY_OSHHXDq7Q&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=personal%20SWOT%20analysis&f=false
We’ll write everything from scratch
Conduct an environmental scan and write an assessment in which you focus on both the internal and external factors that could affect your success within your chosen industry.
After an organization has completed a SWOT analysis, it will carefully monitor both the internal and external environments to detect signs of opportunities and threats that could affect current and future plans. This environmental scanning can help an organization identify trends that are most likely to affect the industry, thereby allowing the development of a strategy for change. The right information, at the right time, can determine the future of an organization.
Note: Developing a strategic plan requires specific steps that need to be executed in a sequence. The assessments in this course are presented in order and should be completed in sequence.
Conduct a personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis. In your analysis, consider the following:
- What advantages do you have that others do not (skills, education, experience, certifications)?
- What achievements are you most proud of?
- What do you do better than anyone else?
- What do you think others would see as your strengths?
- Do you have special connections that others may not have?
- What personal resources do you have available?
Be sure to consider how others see you—not just how you see yourself.
- Are there tasks you avoid doing because you do not feel confident doing them?
- Do you have any negative work habits (often late, disorganized, easily stressed)?
- Do you feel confident about your skills, experience, and education?
- Do you have any personality traits that might hold you back? For example, do you have a fear of public speaking, yet work where you are expected to conduct regular meetings?
Again, consider how others see you.
- Do you have a network of influential contacts that can help or offer advice?
- Is there a need in your company or industry that no one else has been able to fill?
- Are there trends in your company that you can use to your advantage?
- Can you offer solutions to problems within your company?
- What kind of obstacles are you facing at work?
- Are there co-workers/colleagues competing with you for positions or projects?
- Has the nature of your job changed?
- Does technology pose a threat to your position?
- Do any of your weaknesses pose a threat?
- What threats to your overall plan are there?
Once you have completed your SWOT analysis, identify strategies that you can use to capitalize on your strengths and open up opportunities, and address ways you can minimize areas of weakness and eliminate threats. Consider asking a trusted peer or friend to review your SWOT analysis and provide you with honest feedback. Analyze the feedback you receive and include that analysis in your assessment. Were there aspects of the feedback that surprised you?
To successfully complete this assessment, you may need to do some research on writing a SWOT analysis. Format this assessment as a research paper following current APA guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics. There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Competency 4: Plan strategically.
- Describe strategies to use SWOT analysis to improve competitive advantage.
- Competency 5: Employ high-performance business management techniques.
- Analyze strengths to determine competitive advantages.
- Analyze opportunities that may be leveraged for competitive advantage.
- Analyze threats to competitive advantage.
- Competency 6: Solve problems within professional standards.
- Analyze weaknesses to determine areas for improvement.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."