Amazon Go uses electronic data interchange (EDI) and efficient consumer response (ECR) to support the company in effectively and efficiently managing its locations with access to capable technology. Establishing locations with EDI makes it possible for customers to enter the store and shop with no hassle. Downloading that app allows it to analyze what they are buying and keep track of their purchases. Without this technology, it wouldn’t be possible to create this unique shopping experience.
Using ECR in correspondence with EDI helps bring even more efficient because it allows the company to know what exactly products are selling in the current market and what products the company needs to scale back from bulk ordering.
- Analyze how Amazon takes advantage of big data analytics and its advanced customer relationship management (CRM) to improve employees’ productivity, enhance corporate profitability, and, above all, create customer
Amazon is making shopping a much more unique experience. “ECR can be defined as a joint initiative of members of a supply chain working together to improve and optimize aspects of the supply chain to benefit customers” This technique helps the overall experience of the consumer, by placing employees where they can be most productive while assisting customers. Amazon has staff on-site to assist with any technical difficulties while using the Amazon Go app. Employees are checking driver’s licenses before purchasing alcoholic beverages and assuring the shelves are stocked to consumers liking. While attaining data derived from the Amazon Go app, using EDI helps data mining for the company and ultimately assists in decisions for bulk orders due to the current market. Provides the demand of consumers and helps the company save money, resulting in a profit to keep the organization flowing. Taking the time to understand the culture and identify what goods are demanded in the market can be very critical to expansion, as stated in the article Inside Amazon Go New York, “It’s brilliant for technology and poor for food retailing” (Mason, 2019).
- If Amazon Go decides to expand globally and even dominate a domestic market, would they need to acquire information through direct perception? Why or why not?
Amazon has made tremendous strides in expanding the company globally, but there may be more challenges when it comes to expanding Amazon Go globally due to the technology and different cultures. Gathering information directly from the source of the data would allow Amazon Go to expand while meeting consumer demands in the process. Amazon was able to reach buyers and receive feedback by taking the Xbox on the road while showcasing a new video game system and letting future buyers get a firsthand look at the product.
Keegan, W.J., and Green, M.C. (2020). Global marketing (10th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com
Mason, T. (2019). “Inside Amazon Go New York; talking shop.” Grocer: 24. Business Insights: Global.
We’ll write everything from scratch
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 6 of your text, the webpage article Inside Amazon Go: The Store of the FutureLinks to an external site., and watch Introducing Amazon Go and the World’s Most Advanced Shopping TechnologyLinks to an external site.
In your initial post,
- Explain how Amazon Go needs to employ electronic data interchange (EDI) and efficient consumer response (ECR) to effectively and efficiently manage its stores.
- Your explanation can be around one specific example of a grocery item.
- Analyze how Amazon takes advantage of big data analytics and its advanced customer relationship management (CRM) to improve employees’ productivity, enhance corporate profitability, and, above all, create customer loyalty.
- Discuss if Amazon Go decides to expand globally and even dominate a domestic market, whether they would need to acquire information through direct perception. Explain why or why not.
- Take into consideration both the Xbox and TOMs examples in the text.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."