Counteracting Unconscious Bias
With its emphasis on respect, individualization, and collaborative, client-centred approaches, narrative therapy fits into social work ideals and practices (Turner, 2017). One objective of story therapy is to assist the client in seeing more realities, which provide them with more options and aid in their self-empowerment (Turner, 2017). The use of narrative therapy enables patients to comprehend their partners’ perspectives and understanding of events. Clients are encouraged to evaluate alternative realities that are “also true” but may not necessarily be truer (Turner, 2017). To generate more vivid accounts of life events, particularly those not currently included in the problematic story, the clinician should ask introspective questions (Turner, 2017). The practice of micro- and macro-social work is a component of narrative therapy.
Superb post! You said the counsellor will pose the “Miracle Question.” What is the miracle question? How would you take charge of the session if the couple refused to share or adopt the therapist’s viewpoint?
The emphasis on social action and political discourse in narrative therapy strengthens this match with the professions by emphasizing social and cultural influences as crucial in the genesis of problems (Turner, 2017). A collaborative therapy that integrates micro- and macro-social work, narrative therapy. Instead of focusing on specific procedures, narrative therapy encourages couples to consider their spouse and what they are going through.
Turner, F. J. (2017). Social work treatment: interlocking theoretical approaches. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
We’ll write everything from scratch
Respond to two of your colleagues that contain a perspective other than yours. As a general expectation, your response will typically be 2–3 paragraphs long.
- View Two (2) of Colleagues’ discussions.
- Share an insight about what you learned from reading your colleagues’ postings and discuss how and why your posting resonated with you professionally and personally. (Note: This may be a great opportunity to help you think about passions you share with your colleagues
- Offer an example from your experience or observation that validates your colleague’s discussion.
- Offer specific suggestions that will help your colleague build upon his or her perceptions as a leader.
- Offer further assessment from having read your colleague’s post that could impact a leader’s effectiveness.
- Share how something your colleague discussed changed the way you consider your own qualities.
· No plagiarism
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."