PART 1——-To prepare:
- Locate the marketing plan for your health care organization.
Note: If you do not currently work for a health care organization, select a health care organization that is of interest to you.
- Consider the image branding and techniques that are used for marketing this health care organization. With these image branding and promotional techniques in mind, examine the alignment between the health care marketing plan and the transition to value-based health care delivery systems.
- Reflect on strategies to enhance your organizational image branding and promotional techniques.
Post a cohesive response to the following:
Analyze the marketing plan for your health care organization, including the image branding and promotional techniques that are being used. Then, evaluate the alignment between the marketing plan for image branding and promotion and the transition to value-based health care delivery systems. Finally, recommend strategies to enhance your organizational image branding and promotional techniques. Defend or argue your recommendations. Support your response by identifying and explaining key points and/or examples presented in the Learning Resources.
PART 2——–These three steps: commitment by leadership, development of a culture of safety, and the use of process improvement tools, are the core recommendations made by Dr. Chassin, the president of The Joint Commission and the president of the Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare. A first step in identifying whether these recommendations are being met is to compare elements of an organization to criteria which have been identified as essential to high-reliability organizations.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Consider the three steps described by Dr. Chassin and the seven major criteria of the Baldridge Performance Excellence Program, and reflect on how these recommendations can apply to health care organizations, specifically to long-term care facilities.
In this Assignment you will identify major elements of high-reliability organizations providing long-term care. According to the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program (MBNQA), the criteria are as follows:
- Strategic planning
- Customer and market focus
- Measurement, analysis, and knowledge management
- Human resource focus
- Process management
- Business/organizational performance results
Using the Highly Reliable Organization Matrix located in this weeks Learning Resources, complete the matrix by typing in the elements which meet the criteria in rows and columns. Describe each element briefly, give an example as to how this can be met in a long-term care facility, and explain the expected impact on patient care.
Based on the results of the Highly Reliable Organization Matrix, write a 1- to 2-page executive summary to the board of directors of the long-term care organization, describing elements which meet the criteria from the matrix and how any missing elements of the criteria for excellence can be met.
McLaughlin, D. B., & Olson, J. R. (2017). Health care operations management (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
- Chapter 4, Strategy and the Balanced Scorecard (pp. 71-94)This chapter describes the role of the balanced scorecard management tool in an overall health care management strategy. Once quantifiable objectives are developed for the different perspectives addressed in a health care balanced scorecard, desired outcomes can be identified and appropriate initiatives instigated.
- Chapter 14, Improving Financial Performance with Operations Management (pp. 369-387)In this chapter, best practices for project management in operational management, based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), are examined.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."