Addiction and Obsession:
1.Please watch the following documentary called “Chasing Heroin” (PBS) (it’s long – give yourself time to watch!):
- One paragraph summary (at least 3-4 sentences) of what documentary film/movie was about and if there was any bias (This means: is the film presented from a particular biased standpoint? Or does the film present a balanced viewpoint, showing all opposing sides?).
- How does this documentary film/movie connect or relate to OUR CLASS TOPICS AND DISCUSSIONS as well as to your personal life? (This is very important! Make strong, specific class connections. If you state, “The film is about addiction and the class is about addiction,” that is NOT a strong, specific connection, and you will not get full credit. Gives lots of details! Refer to the eText and other sources we’ve been discussing!).
- What did you learn in this documentary film/movie in relation to ideas we have covered in class? (State something NEW you learned about the topic from the documentary).
- What was your reaction and opinion of the documentary film/movie, and would you recommend it to future classes? (This is where you provide your critique of the film. Explain WHAT makes it recommendable or not; Explain WHY you think it’s a good–or bad–film).
2. Please watch this TedTalk by addiction expert, Dr Gabor Mate: The Power of Addiction and The Addiction of Power: Gabor Maté at TEDxRio+20
Then compose a 300-word top-level post in ESSAY format that responds to these questions:
- How does Mate define addiction and what does he mean when he says “we need to look at what’s right about addiction”? (i.e. what do people get out of their addictions?)
- How does he relate his own shopping addiction to other addictions (i.e., problems that resulted in his life)
- How does the human brain and its interaction with the environment impact addiction?
- In his experience, how does early trauma and abuse impact addiction and what does he say about intergenerational trauma and its impact on addiction?
- What are your thoughts on this TedTalk and the perspective taken by Gabor Mate on addiction?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."