_1. Human beings would fall under what aerotolerance group? Do we have superoxide dismutase? Do we have catalase? If so, why?
2. What gas is being released or liberated when a catalase positive organism bubbles during a catalase test?
3. Which is more toxic to cells: superoxide radicals or hydrogen peroxide?
4. Chromogenic reducing agents like tetramethyl-p-phenylenediamine are oxidized in the presence of cytochrome c oxidase. Do they lose or gain electrons during oxidation?
5. Is Pseudomonas aeruginosa oxidase positive or oxidase negative?
6. What was the purpose of ferrous sulfate in the SIM medium?
7. In the SIM test, what organism was negative for hydrogen sulfide, positive for indole, and was motile?
8. Indole production was indicated by the Kovacs reagent. What is the composition of the Kovacs reagent?
9. What has to happen before amino acids like cysteine and tryptophan can be fed into the Krebs cycle or TCA cycle?
10. Why is it necessary to shake the VP tubes after the VP reagents A and B were added?
11. Which organism was MR negative and VP positive?
12. What is the function of citrate permease?
13. What is the function of citrate lyase?
14. What is the sole nitrogen source in the Simmons citrate medium?
15. Is E. coli positive for citrate permease or negative?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."