To be successful in this digital world, you must understand how to compose and convey your ideas to others. However, this is not always as easy as it may appear. The Internet has allowed us to access an incredible amount of information, but not all of it is trustworthy. When it comes to your academic and professional career, knowing how to find the truth is the key to your success. This means learning how to evaluate sources, avoid accidental plagiarism, and use tools such as Microsoft Word and social media to find and share accurate information with the world.For this assessment, you will continue to develop your digital proficiency by using the world’s most popular word-processing software, Microsoft Word. By practicing using this digital tool, you will feed your success and build your confidence, at school and at work.Instructions
- Download the Assessment 2: Letter Template [DOCX].
- Edit the document by replacing the text in brackets [ ] with your answers to complete the letter.
- Search the Internet to find an image or quote that describes how you feel about college so far.
- Copy and paste the image or quote you found into the document, replacing the text in brackets: [insert image or quote].
- Copy and paste the link of the website you got the image or quote from, replacing the text in brackets: [copy and paste the link of the website where you found the image or quote].
- Format your document as follows:
- Delete all of the directionsthe text in brackets [ ]from the document.
- Right-align your name and date at the top of the letter.
- Left-align the text of the letter.
- Use the tools in Word to find and correct any spelling errors.
- Save your document (in the folder location that you prefer) as: Lastname_COM-FP1100_A2_letter.
- Submit your assessment.
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Use computers, software, and online tools to effectively complete a task.
- Select an appropriate image or quote.
- Edit a letter with complete answers.
- Format a document according to instructions.
- Competency 4: Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
- Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
- SCORING GUIDE
Use the scoring guide to understand how your assessment will be evaluated.VIEW SCORING GUIDE
CRITERIANON-PERFORMANCEBASICPROFICIENTDISTINGUISHEDSelect an appropriate image or quote.Does not select an appropriate image or quote.Selects an image or quote or provides a link to a website, but does not do both.Selects an appropriate image or quote.Selects an appropriate image or quote that appropriately reflects feelings about college.Edit a letter with complete answers.Does not edit the letter with complete answers.Edits some of the letter, replacing at least half of the bracketed text with some complete answers.Edits the letter with complete answers.Edits the letter with complete answers; edits show thoughtfulness and understanding.Format a document according to instructions.Does not format a document according to instructions.Formats a document according to instructions; the document contains more than five errors.Formats a document according to instructions.Formats a document according to instructions; the document contains no errors.Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.Does not respond to the assessment prompt and/or does not organize text appropriately, uses inappropriate tone, or does not include structurally sound sentences.Addresses the assessment purpose with minimal issues related to evidence, tone, and sentence structure.Addresses assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.Presents a focused purpose through strong organizational skills. Presents evidence through strong paraphrasing or summarizing and appropriate tone and sentence structure.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."