You will apply your knowledge of course concepts in writing a case study focusing on a top performing chief executive officer (CEO) of a multinational corporation (MNC) and the leadership and management issues they face doing business on a global scale in the 21st century.
Begin by researching the rankings of top performing CEOs of MNCs. Suggestions include the following:
- Phebe Novakovic (General Dynamics)
- Tim Cook (Apple)
- Susan Wojciki (YouTube)
- Sundar Pichal (Google)
- Elon Musk (Tesla/SpaceX)
- Albert Bourla (Pfizer)
- Mary Barra (General Motors)
Choose one CEO (they may be from this list or your own selection). Begin your paper with an introduction summarizing their background and career. Write a case study that accomplishes the following:
- Describe the company, its product(s), and its target market.
- Summarize the companys global presence. Where do they physically operate? Where do they sell their product or service?
- Identify and summarize the CEOs leadership style. Discuss positive and negative characteristics/traits of the CEO. What makes them effective as a global leader of an MNC?
- What makes this CEO effective at cross-cultural communication and negotiation?
- Discuss how the CEO promotes ethics and social responsibility through their leadership and strategies.
- Characterize the organizational culture of the company and how this affects the CEOs management across cultures.
- Using specific examples from at least two different cultures, explain how culture affects the CEOs decision-making and leadership actions.
- Explore the challenges the CEO has faced in global operations.
- Assess potential challenges this company and CEO may face in the future doing business on a global scale.
Your case study should demonstrate an insightful and thorough analysis with strong arguments and evidence. Your case study must be at least five but no more than seven pages, not counting the title and reference pages. You must use at least five academic or industry reliable sources to support your case study. One of these sources must come from the CSU Online Library. All sources used must have citations and references in APA Style. APA formatting is otherwise not required.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."