1. Look at chapter 4, case #8 at the end of the chapter (page 117 in the text). This case involves the interaction between the state’s exercise of the police power for the health safety and welfare of the people and the free exercise religious rights of an individual. Which one is paramount in this case?
2. Google this case and find the full court opinion. (Doing a Google search for
state v. bontrager ohio
will get you a good hit.) Make sure you get the right Bontrager case, as there are several. You want the one that appears in volume 149 of the Ohio Misc. reports page 33.
3. Read the case. Answer these two questions:
– What, if anything, did the court say about referring this case to ADR?
– Do you agree with the court, or do you think the court should have used ADR? WHY?
– Why did the author of the textbook pick out this case?
–> If you have an interest in the interaction between an individual’s religious rights and the state’s rights, you may want to read one of the other Bontrager cases that appears in 114 Ohio App. 3rd.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."