NOTE: WORK FOR THIS FORUM MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN PART TWO!! YOU MUST POST BEFORE YOU CAN SEE CLASSMATES’ REPLIES!
California Voting Requirements Discussion
You are responsible for knowing the California Voting Requirements. These include 2 that are standard across the United States.
HINT: Look at California Secretary of State Website for your information. NOTE – there are really 6 requirements. One line lists two instead of only one. In addition, you can’t forget to include and look for your heading that you need to register to vote. You will lose points if you don’t include this requirement.
You must answer all questions below in your original posting.
- Which two requirements are standard across the United States?
- What are the other 4 requirements in California?
- Do you believe that the California specific requirements are appropriate, too restrictive, too lenient? Explain your answer.
- Why do you think that a minority of Californians are voting? What could change this fact? Explain your answers.
Each student will create a discussion original posting and respond to at least two classmates’ posts using their first names in all replies. Original posting must be by Thursday nightto possible get full credit.
NOTE: WORK FOR THIS FORUM MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN PART TWO!!You must make an original post in this discussion before you will be able to make replies to classmates!
The U.S. citizenship and voting age requirements could be modified for state or local elections. They may not be changed for federal elections as they are part of the 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
For example, San Francisco voters previously voted on the issue of whether to allow non-citizens to vote in school board elections.The outcome was that this would be allowed.
Another example is the issue of whether to allow U.S. citizens under the age of 18 to vote. This was rejected by San Francisco voters in past elections. The possibility has been previously discussed in California State Legislature committees to allow U.S. citizens under 18 years old to vote. There has been debate about what age to allow voting (14, 16, 17) and whether it should be a fraction of a vote (1/4 or 1/2) until the age of 18.
- Do you believe there should be modified standards for state and/or local elections.
- If yes, explain your answer and be specific about what changes and why.
- If no, explain your answer and explain why not.
You are required to post a response to the question with an explanation. You should also reply to at least two classmates’ postings using their first names in all replies.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."