Topic 1: Interesting Integumentary
The integumentary system might be more interesting than you think! The components of this system provide many essential functions in our body. The skin can also be used as a canvas for expression, to help unlock your cell phone, and show the markings of weight fluctuations.
This discussion will have 3 options to choose from. Choose only ONE OPTION to research. Please write the name of the chosen topic in the subject line.
Option 1 – Tattoos
- Which layer(s) of skin is/are penetrated when someone gets a tattoo?
- What happens in the skin that allows the ink to remain and become permanent?
- What is the process of removing that ink through laser tattoo removal? Can this cause any damage to the skin?
- Do you have any tattoos? If so, have you ever thought about removal? Why or why not? If you do not have any tattoos, does this knowledge of how they are made make you more or less likely to get one?
Option 2 – Fingerprints
- Where do you find epidermal ridges in the skin? What do they look like?
- Describe and explain three functions of epidermal ridges.
- How do we leave fingerprints behind when we touch objects?
- Can your fingerprints be lost or changed through no fault of your own? What might be the consequences should this happen?
- Do people intentionally try to remove their fingerprints and if so, how? Would you ever try this?
Option 3 – Stretch marks
- Describe the process of stretch mark formation in the dermis.
- What is the difference between striae rubra and striae alba?
- Where in the body is it common to get these marks?
- What causes stretch marks? Is there a way to prevent them?
- Have you had stretch marks? Have you found anything that has worked to fade them? Do some research into remedies and report your findings.
Review the Discussion Requirements and Guidelines to ensure your posts meet all assigned requirements.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."