I’m working on a social science discussion question and need support to help me study.
Discussion Categorizing Humans / Ancient Materialism
Now that you have read Stein’s, Human Kinds and portions of Schiebinger’s Competing Cosmologies, tested your knowledge of the readings in respective quizzes, and explored some issues in more detail during our Zoom meeting, you have the opportunity for additional discussion. In this forum, you can share your perspective on the reading, ask questions for discussion or clarification, articulate further thoughts, and respond to your colleagues’ questions and observations.
In a new post, use the Reply button below to respond to two of the following prompts:
- In case you are left with any questions about the readings, please state them. (Posting that you have no questions is not a satisfactory response to this prompt.)
- If there is anything that you find remarkable or problematic about the readings that has not been addressed, please state it. (Posting that there is nothing that you find remarkable or problematic is not a satisfactory response to this prompt.)
- What do you think about categorizing human beings? Is it acceptable to lump them together into groups or should they always and only be considered as individuals?
- Were the proponents of the ancient four-element theory naïve, or is there anything that can make their formulation and endorsement of the theory plausible?
- How do the two readings connect? According to the four-element theory, do human beings of different sexes and genders constitute different natural kinds or different artifactual/social kinds?
Read and reply to the posts of at least 2 colleagues. In your reply posts, make sure to,
- Ask for clarification, if needed.
- Directly respond to the posts of your colleagues by,
- Attempting to answer the questions they may still have
- Give a reason or reasons why you agree with what they are saying, or
- Give a reason or reasons why you do not agree with what they are saying
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."