Read Chapter 4: Selecting Vendors and define the following terms:
- Broad-line vendor
- Distributor sales representative
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- National account
- Payment card discount
- Qualified buyer
- Request for proposal
- Specialty-line vendor
- Trade show
- Vendor sourcing
0.5 Textbook Information (READ)
On a different page, Your initial post must have a minimum of 200 words for the following questions. Cover all of the following in your discussion post. Make sure you are answering in complete sentences and in paragraph form, not number form.
Discussion Prompt: Vendors and Yelp
- Research different San Diego food service vendors by reading their Yelp Reviews. (Links to an external site.)
- Choose 2 different vendors to analyze. Identify what type of vendor they are (specialty, broad-liner, buyers club etc..) and discuss the different types of goods or services they offer.
- Analyze their Yelp reviews. How many stars did they get? What is the good, the bad and the ugly about this vendor, according to its customers?
- Based on these reviews, would you use these vendors in your own foodservice operation? Why or why not?
- Share with us any of your favorite vendors you have used, or if you do not have experience with vendors share with us your favorite relationship you have with a household vendor and how you achieved that trust ( your local grocery store, handyman etc…).
Here is a list of some San Diego vendors with Yelp reviews. Use any of these or feel free to find your own:
- Specialty Produce
- Restaurant Depot
- Catalina Offshore
- Yasukochi Farms
- Pacific Refrigeration
- Costco Business
- Chef’s warehouse
- Hillcrest Farmer’s Market
- Little Italy Farmer’s Market
- Tommy’s Quality Meats
- Tuna Harbor Dockside Market
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."