One of the learning outcomes of this course is a growing ability to read or analyze dances for their meaning. This reflection paper begins to cultivate this skill.
This is The Statement, choreographed by Crystal Pite.
This video contains a spoken word soundscore.
For this reflection paper, you will watch the clip and explore the theme(s) of this dance: what is the dance about?
- Read/analyze the dance for meaning
- Offer a central argument in regards to what the dance is expressing
- Describe what is happening in terms of what the body/bodies are doing (description of the movement)
- Describe what is happening in terms of where the body/bodies are moving.
- Describe what is happening in terms of how the body/bodies are moving.
- So, use and describe elements of the dance (narrative, moves, movement quality, use of space, use of rhythm/timing, etc.) to substantiate and provide evidence for your “reading” of the dance
Click here for a list of descriptive words that you can utilize!:
Click here for the rubric for this assignment:
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."