Read classmates post and respond in 100 words:
The 8 steps to accurate coding is:
1. identifying the main terms in the diaagnostic term
2. in alphabetic index locate the main terms
3. in the index review sub terms under the main term
4. use the “cross refrence” such as see
5. in the tubular list verify codes
6. refrence to any notations in the tublar
7. assign codes to the highest level
8. code the diagnosis until all elements are completely identified
when all 8 steps are followed correctly it allows the insurence payer to know what’s being diagnosed an how to treat it when necessary.
Carol J. Buck, Saunders (2022). Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2022 Edition, by Carol J. Buck, Saunders
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."