As you watch and listen to Biden’s speech, take note of the following, and answer the questions in complete sentences:
- What is the setting of the speech? Day? Time? Location? Current social, political, economic climate?
- What rhetorical strategies do you notice Biden using? Provide at least 2 examples of strategies that you notice him use with an example of where you noticed it in his speech. Are these strategies effective given the setting and timing of his speech? Refer to this page for help with deciphering his strategies.
- What historical references and modern issues does Biden incorporate? Why did he choose these specific references? Are these effective?
- How does Joe Biden appeal to ethos (build trust)? Pathos (the audience’s emotion)? Logos (the audience’s logic)? Kairos (timing of his argument and strategies)? Are his appeals effective? Explain. Refer to this page for help with evaluating his appeals.
- What is Joe Biden’s central argument?
- What is Biden’s main purpose? Who is his intended audience? Is he effective in convincing his audience? In fulfilling his purpose? Explain
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."