Chapter 9 discusses Erik Erikson’s psychosocial theory of development. I want you to describe TWO of the eight stages that YOU can relate to and identify with. Make sure to identify the specific “crisis” for the stages you are describing. Did you experience positive or negative outcomes of the psychosocial stage.
Martin Seligman founded the concept of positive psychology – the study of positive emotions and individual strengths.
Refer to the following link:
First, click the “Take the Happiness Quiz” on the lower right side of the page. Take the quiz and note your score.
Next, click on the “Positive Psychology and the Science of Happiness” link on the lower right side of the page. Read through “The 7 habits of Happy People”.
In your discussion I want you to share your thoughts about your score on the happiness quiz. What were your strengths? What can you improve upon? What are your thoughts about “The 7 habits of Happy People”? What are you already doing? What would you like to ADD to your life?
Post a couple paragraphs referring to one of the articles:
“Is everybody happy?” or “Is money the primary motivator for work?” (Under Week 6 Content)
1) Include any thoughts, ideas, and questions regarding the article.
2) Find an additional scholarly research article that either further supports or challenges the notions presented in the article that you read. When you have the article, summarize the findings and research and discuss how it supports/challenges the article that you read. Access free scholarly articles through the college library search engine EBSCO Host database “PsycArticles”. http://prairiestate.libguides.com/az.php?a=p
Times are certainly very stressful right now. You will take 3 stress assessments for this weeks module to help identify your current stress. Based off your responses, please share with the class any stressors that you identified and what you do to relieve the stress…Try to share tips with each other and comment on at least TWO posts!
The concept of “mindfulness” was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and focuses on being in the present moment with non-judgmental awareness. His theory of mindfulness therapy has been clinically proven to decrease stress and many other ailments. I want you to participate in a mindful practice.
You can choose one (or more!) practices from these links:
Chapter 9 Weekly Question Set
- Describe how nature and nurture affects development. Give examples of each and how nature and nurture has impacted your own development.
- Identify and explain the stages of Piagets theory of cognitive development. Provide detailed examples for each stage
Parenting Styles Article: Discussion Questions
- The text reviews different types of parenting styles (authoritarian, authoritative, permissive/neglectful/indulgent, etc.) While reading the article, which parenting style(s) do you think the article is portraying or describing?
- Which parenting style or styles were you raised with? Give some examples.
- Which parenting style or styles would you or do you currently use with your children? What is your rationale for this decision?
Chapter 10 & 14 Weekly Question Set
- Describe the differences between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, what are some of your own personal examples of intrinsic and extrinsic motivators?
- What is the difference between eustress and distress? Give examples of each!
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."