For this assignment, you will be applying what you have learned about the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS). To begin, please see the following instructions:
- Choose one of the following critical infrastructures from the list below:
- energy company;
- water company;
- transportation company;
- police, firefighters, or emergency medical services (EMS);
- hospital; or
- non-governmental organization (i.e., a commercial facility).
- Select one of the following threats that your critical infrastructure will respond to for the purpose of this assignment:
- terrorist attack/active shooter incident,
- weapons of mass destruction (WMD) threat, or
- cybersecurity attack.
In this assignment, you will be completing designated sections of an ICS 201 form. The ICS 201 form provides the Incident Commander/Unified Command and General Staff with basic information regarding the incident situation and the resources allocated to the incident. This form also serves as a permanent record of the initial response to the incident. Using the ICS 201 form linked below, fill out the highlighted sections in order to relay the pertinent information about the event to the responding organization:
- Include the incident name (p.1).
- Provide the situation summary and health and safety briefing (p. 1), which should consist of no less than 300 words and be detailed enough to be self-explanatory since your professor will only have this document available to use in understanding the threat and ICS components being presented.
- Include your name, position, and signature (p. 1).
- Include current and planned objectives (p. 2).
- Fill out the organizational chart for your current organization (p. 3), which should be detailed enough to be self-explanatory in terms of how these positions were filled since your professor will only have this document available to use in understanding the threat and ICS components being presented.
At the bottom of the ICS 201 form (last page), please include an essay of no less than 200 words that describes how an ICS can work as a part of the National Response Framework (NRF) and NIMS to improve the response to terrorist threats or incidents. Any references and citations must be formatted according to APA style and should be listed at the bottom of your essay.
Click here to access the ICS 201 form.
In addition to the reading assignments for this unit, you may find the following resources to be helpful as you complete this assignment:
Federal Emergency Management Agency. (n.d.). ICS organizational structure and elements. Retrieved from https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/icsresource/assets/ics organizational structure and elements.pdf
Federal Emergency Management Agency. (n.d.). Incident complexity and type. Retrieved from https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/icsresource/assets/incident complexity and type.pdf
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."