Sociology Book: https://pb.openlcc.net/socl120oer/
For the assignment this week, you are asked to watch the film, “Jonestown: Life and Death of People’s Temple.”
PLEASE USE YOUR OWN WORDS
This is a documentary film about a U.S. religious cult that existed from the 1950s until the late-1970s. The content in this film reflects much of the material covered in Chapters 3 6, as well as some later chapters.
Trigger Warning: Please be warned that discussion and scenes of violence and discussion of suicide and homicide, as well as discussion of sexual assault and manipulation are contained in this documentary.
Answer the following questions and submit them in the attached assignment folder.
1. How did the experience of the people involved in the People’s Temple demonstrate resocialization?
2. What led people to join and remain members of the People’s Temple?
3. What factors led Jim Jones to become the person he became?
4. What were the different methods used by Jim Jones to control the members of his church before moving to Guyana?
5. Why did Jim Jones move the church to Guyana in South America?
6. In Guyana, what methods did Jim Jones use to control the group that were different from his past methods?
7. At the end of the film, what happened to the members of this group? Why did this happen?
8. Pick 3 concepts from your textbook (other than socialization and resocialization) that relate to the content of the video and write 3 paragraphs (one paragraph per concept) discussing how each of these concepts connect to the video.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."