Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 4Assigned Readings:Chapter 9. Foundations of Group BehaviorChapter 10. Understanding Work TeamsInitial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- You have been working at Saxet Consulting for the past year and are expected to complete three client reviews per week. You have been very productive and have been completing two extra reviews per week. At a recent team meeting, you expected to receive praise from the President for this extra work; however, your manager took credit for the extra work and received the praise from the President. What has your manager violated and what is your likely reaction?
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!] [Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
In this assignment, you are to critically read and evaluate a scholarly articles strengths, weaknesses, and contributions to the study field. Learning how to critique a journal article has several benefits, including preparing you for publishing in the future and keeping you current on the literature in your field of study. The practical application is developing the ability to look at research within your organization and industry with a knowledgeable, critical eye. The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Library subscribes to many journals and provides you access to appropriate collections to support this assignment. Using the UC Library, locate and review the following peer-reviewed articles:
- Dysvik, A & Kuvaas, B. (2013). Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation as predictors of work effort: The moderating role of achievement goals. British Journal of Social Psychology, 52(3), 412430. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8309.2011.02090.x.
- Aydogmus, Metin Camgoz, S., Ergeneli, A., & Tayfur Ekmekci, O. (2018). Perceptions of transformational leadership and job satisfaction: The roles of personality traits and psychological empowerment. Journal of Management & Organization, 24(1), 81107. https://doi.org/10.1017/jmo.2016.59
- Fitzsimmons, Callan, V. J., & Paulsen, N. (2014). Gender disparity in the C-suite: Do male and female CEOs differ in how they reached the top? The Leadership Quarterly, 25(2), 245266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2013.08.005
- Flocco, Canterino, F., & Cagliano, R. (2021). Leading innovation through employees participation: Plural leadership in employee-driven innovation practices. Leadership (London, England), 17(5), 499518. https://doi.org/10.1177/1742715020987928
- Kuenzi, Mayer, D. M., & Greenbaum, R. L. (2020). Creating an ethical organizational environment: The relationship between ethical leadership, ethical organizational climate, and unethical behavior. Personnel Psychology, 73(1), 4371. https://doi.org/10.1111/peps.12356
- de Reuver, Van de Voorde, K., & Kilroy, S. (2021). When do bundles of high performance work systems reduce employee absenteeism? The moderating role of workload. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 32(13), 28892909. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2019.1616594
Following your review, choose one article from this list; critically evaluate the articles strengths, weaknesses, and contribution to the study field using the outline below as a guide: Cover page
- The cover page will include:
- Articles Title and Author (s)
- Name of Journal (s)
- Date of publication
- Your name
- Summarize the significant aspects of the entire article, including:
- The overall purpose and general area of study of the article.
- The specific problem being addressed in the study.
- The main findings of the article.
- Briefly summarize the overall themes presented in the Literature Review.
- Was the literature review applicable to the study, current and thorough?
- Were there gaps in the literature review?
- Identify the methodology used: qualitative, quantitative, mixed? Was the chosen methodology appropriate for the study? Why or why not?
- Did the data analysis prove or disprove the research questions? Explain.
- In this section, you will address the following:
- Describe the articles relevance to the field of knowledge.
- Outline the strengths and weaknesses of the article. Be specific.
- Based on the article, what future research do you think needs to be accomplished in this area?
- What are your key points and takeaways after analyzing the article?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."