Geography Paper- OCEAN ATMOSPHERE
Place: Ship Stern Bluff
1. Identify at least 1 primary literature article and 2 other references (these dont have to be primary literature) that provide a deeper understanding of the ocean-atmosphere interactions that lead to the development of surf in your region. The primary literature article does not have to pertain specifically to your chosen destination.
2. Summarize your research in a 2-3 page (12 pt. font and 1.5 spacing) document that your group members will review.
WHAT KIND OF WRITING IS EXPECTED OF ME? Your 2-3 page FIRST DRAFT does not need to be polished writing but needs to be clear — meaning, it should be easy to follow how one paragraph connects to the next and what research you conducted. Your citations should be formatted according to APstyle within your text, and listed in a reference-list at the end of the document(see example at the bottom of this document). Make sure there arent misspelled words or misplaced commas and run-on sentences that draw readers attention away from the content.
SUBMISSION CHECKLIST TO BE COPY/PASTED AS THE FIRST PAGE OF YOUR DOCUMENT:
? Is my document 2-3 pages (12 pt. font, 1.5 spacing)?
? *Have I written in my own words?*
? Have I provided at least 1 primary literature reference, 2 other references, and referenced any other sources I used?
- ? Are my citations clearly organized within my text and also listed under a References section at the end of my document?
- ? Does the information Ive researched and written about help my group prepare for our trip? Does it include the Additional Informationrequired for my theme (detailed below)?
- ? Are there spelling errors or syntactical errors that I need to fix before submitting as these will make my writing difficult for my peers to read? (These are misplaced commas, run-on sentences, repeated words, misspelled words).
- ? Did I upload a copy of my first draft by February 14th to the correct folder so that my groupmates can access my writing?
- ? Did I upload a copy of my first draft (Feb. 14) and a copy of my final draft (Feb. 26) to Gauchospace by the due date?ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR WRITER #2:Your goal is to write about the ocean-atmosphere interactions that give rise to waves in the ocean region (larger area) and location (surf spot) you and your group members are traveling to. Your summary does not need to be limited to –but needs to include– the following:
- A brief 1-2 sentence introduction to your groups location and the weeks theme/topic.
- A 1-3 sentence explanation of why understanding this week’s theme/topic is important forplanning a surf trip to your chosen destination.
- A 4-5 sentence discussion of how differential heating, convective circulation and the Coriolisforce give rise to global wind patterns.
- A discussion of the ocean region in which your surf spot is located and the major windpatterns that dominate in this ocean region. (Think: Westerlies, Easterlies?)
- A description of the low pressure systems that typically give rise to surf in this ocean region.(For example, Mid-Latitude Depressions give rise to most of the surf we receive during thewinter in Santa Barbara).
- A discussion of the local weather patterns you are likely to encounter based on the rainfall, airtemperatures, and ocean temperatures that dominate in your ocean region.
Your Schedule at a Glance:
INFORMATION FOR REFERENCING RESEARCH PAPERS AND OTHER SOURCES:
How to list references at the end of your 2-3 page summary:
Where to find reference information:
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."