An Argumentative Research Essay is an exploration of a topic in which a point of view is declared in the thesis statement, and the research of topics supports that viewpoint. YOU WILL ARGUE EITHER FOR OR AGAINST THE TOPIC YOU CHOOSE and the goal is to inform the reader through critical interpretation of the relevant materials supporting the topic. It is important to keep in mind to write your paper in a third person voice (narrating a story), which keeps the reader focused on the information you are providing and not relay personal opinion.
Begin writing a 3-5 page rough draft of a research paper not including the APA Title Page and APA Reference Page (with these pages the paper should be 5-7 pages long).
The paper must be a Microsoft Word Document in APA Style and must include:
- Title Page with a Running Head and Page Numbers
- Body Text – 3 to 5 pages (Title Page and References Page Don’t Count)
- Introduction with a clear Thesis Statement
- Three (3) Paraphrased Sources (Do not directly quote material)
- Two (2) or more Academic Sources from the Paul Gutman Online Library
- One (1) or more Academic Sources from the Internet (Wikipedia is not an acceptable academic source)
- In-Text Citations
- Reference Page
- Reference List Entries
- Double Spaced, Times New Roman Font (12 pt.)
The thesis statement is
The need to control the healthcare costs in the US is an urgent concern since it affects many low-income families, especially those without health insurance.