- Students often have busy lives, with many goals to accomplish, responsibilities to juggle, and tasks to complete each day. Organizing and planning your time makes a big difference in your productivity, or how effective you are at completing your tasks. Using organization strategies and digital tools, such as online calendars, allows you to access your schedule and make changes easilyno matter where you are.For this assessment, you’ll continue to develop your digital proficiency and confidence, and you’ll add to your toolbox by developing the second skill of this courseproductivity to organize, plan, and effectively use digital tools at school, work, and home.Part 1: Organize Your Time
- Use the Time Management Calculator to identify the time you spend (in hours) on each category.
- Identify five tasks you’d like to accomplish in the next week.
- Estimate the amount of time it will take to complete each task in minutes or hours.
- Part 2: Plan Your Time
- Prioritize your tasks:
- Using MacKay’s blog post “The ‘Everything Is Important’ Paradox: 7 Practical Methods for How to Prioritize Work,” choose a strategy to prioritize the tasks you identified in Part 1.
- Prioritize tasks based on the strategy. Rank them with 1 being the most important and 5 being the least.
- Explain why you chose the strategy.
- Organize and upload your calendar:
- Choose a digital calendar. Consider Google Calendar, the iPhone calendar app, or Microsoft Outlook.
- Make sure the calendar is displaying the weekly view.?
- For each task identified above, add an appointment. Use the appointment’s start and end times to block time for the task.
- Take a screenshot of the weekly view of your calendarmake sure all five tasks are visible. Add the screenshot to your assessment document.
- Additional Requirements
- Formatting: Clearly organize and display the information. Make sure screenshots are clear and added to your document.
- Written Communication: Convey clear meaning with minimal issues in grammar, usage, word choice, and mechanics.
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Use digital tools and organization techniques to effectively create timelines and set priorities.
- Estimate using a time management calculator.
- Identify five tasks to accomplish in a week.
- Determine realistic time estimates.
- Competency 3: Choose organizational strategies and digital tools to maximize ones productivity.
- Prioritize tasks that need to be accomplished.
- Use a calendar to organize tasks by priority.?
- Competency 4: Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
- Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
- SCORING GUIDE
Use the scoring guide to understand how your assessment will be evaluated.VIEW SCORING GUIDE
CRITERIANON-PERFORMANCEBASICPROFICIENTDISTINGUISHEDEstimate using a time management calculator.Does not estimate using a time management calculator.Provides unrealistic time estimates using a time management calculator.Estimates using a time management calculator.Estimates using a time management calculator and accurately identifies the time spent on each category.Identify five tasks to accomplish in a week.Does not identify five tasks to accomplish in a week.Lists fewer than five tasks to accomplish in a week.Identifies five tasks to accomplish in a week.Identifies five tasks to accomplish in a week; the tasks reflect the individual priorities of each learner.Determine realistic time estimates.Does not determine realistic time estimates.Provides unrealistic time estimates.Determines realistic time estimates.Determines realistic time estimates in detailed minutes and hours.Prioritize tasks that need to be accomplished.Does not prioritize tasks that need to be accomplished.Lists, but does not prioritize, tasks to be accomplished.Prioritizes tasks that need to be accomplished.Prioritizes tasks that need to be accomplished, and explains the selection strategy.Use a calendar to organize tasks by priority.Does not use a calendar to organize tasks by priority.Incorrectly uses a calendar to organize tasks.Uses a calendar to organize tasks by priority.Uses a calendar to organize tasks by priority and includes a detailed screenshot of the week.Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.Does not respond to the assessment prompt and/or does not organize text appropriately, uses inappropriate tone, or does not include structurally sound sentences.Addresses the assessment purpose with minimal issues related to evidence, tone, and sentence structure.Addresses assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.Presents a focused purpose through strong organizational skills. Presents evidence through strong paraphrasing or summarizing and appropriate tone and sentence structure.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."