In the previous lecture you have seen a traditional warehouselayout. But if you have actually seen a real-life warehouse, chances arethat it looked nothing like what I showed you. The layout of warehouseshave specific purposes and different designs can achieve the samepurpose.
Now it is your turn!
In this assignment, Iwill ask you to take the traditional design I showed you and change it -for the better. You have to maintain all the areas that I included, butare free to move them around as you wish.
SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ATTACHED
You will be evaluated on several aspects of your design:
- Did you submit a new warehouse design?
- Did you include all required features of the warehouse?
- Did you explain how your design improves on the traditional design we covered in the lecture?
Step-By-Step Assignment Instructions
You will have to submit your own improved warehouse design starting with the example I showed you in the lecture.
How to create your assignment:
Before you begin, you will need to decide how you create the plans. My suggestion is to use a graphical program such as Google slides (free),PowerPoint, Keynote, or Visio (if you are really serious). Or you cansimply draw it on a sheet of paper and take a picture of it.
How to submit:
You will be required tosubmit your assignment using an image file (jpg or png format). Makesure to include all the parts of the warehouse I included in my example:
- dock doors
- case lot/ fast mover section
- bulk storage/ slow mover section
- flow rack/ broken cases section
- conveyor belt
- packaging station
- staging area
- at least two miscellaneous areas (such as equipment storage and maintenance, and/or assembly, etc.)
There is no need to include additional technology or features.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."