Not-for-Profit (NFP) organizations are different from governmental entities in that they lack the authority of law to generate revenues and have greater flexibility in administering their budgets.Select one NFP organization in an area of interest to you and review their financial statements and audit report. The NFP organization selected must have their financial statements and audit report publicly available on their website.
Write a 35 page paper in which you do the following:
- Determine if the NFP’s statements conform to the FASB guidance, explaining how the selected NFP uses the required fund categories and recommending at least two areas of potential interest to stakeholders concerning the NFP’s revenue and expense status.
- Analyze the selected NFPs financial statements to determine if the statements conform to the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) guidance from Not-for-Profits. (Note: You have to click Accept to see the guidance.)
- As part of the analysis, explain how the selected NFP organization uses the required fund categories and recommend at least two areas of potential interest to stakeholders concerning the NFPs revenue and expense status.
- Explain the format utilized to prepare the Statement of Cash Flows, pointing out at least two areas of emphasis that differ from GAAP accounting format.
- The financial statements of NFP organizations include a Statement of Cash Flows.
- Analyze this Statement of Cash Flows in order to explain the format utilized.
- Point out any unique areas of emphasis that differ from GAAP accounting format.
- Compare the organization’s reporting of pledges and contributions to its reporting of exchange transactions, discussing at least three of the funds used.
- NFP organizations report pledges and contributions in addition to reporting exchange transactions.
- Assess the fiscal condition of the selected NFP organization, interpreting financial indicators specific to NFPs and financial ratios widely accepted as being indicative of fiscal health.
- Use at least three quality sources to support your writing.?Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.?Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.?For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Produce writing that contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling in accordance with SWS style.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment:
- Evaluate the financial statements and fiscal condition of a not-for-profit organization relative to financial guidelines.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."